GROUP FINANCIAL RESULTS
- Revenue up 30% to £2 749m; up 15% compared to pro forma FY16 revenue including Al Noor (£2 391m)
- Underlying EBITDA up 17% to £501m; underlying EBITDA margin decreased to 18.2% from 20.4%
- Operating profit up 26% to £362m
- Underlying earnings per share down 19% to 29.8 pence
- In constant currency, revenue and underlying EBITDA increased by 15% and 3% respectively
- Cash flow conversion at 101% of underlying EBITDA
- Total dividend of 7.90 pence per share; in line with dividend policy
- Hirslanden revenue up 3% to CHF1 704m; underlying EBITDA up 5% to CHF340m; underlying EBITDA margin of 20.0%
- Southern Africa revenue up 7% to ZAR14 367m; underlying EBITDA up 6% to ZAR3 049m; underlying EBITDA margin of 21.2%
- Middle East revenue up 72% to AED3 109m; revenue down 8% versus pro forma for the Al Noor combination; underlying EBITDA down 5% to AED364m; underlying EBITDA margin of 11.7%
See the reconciliations between the statutory and underlying (non-IFRS) measures in the Financial Review.
Key Performance Indicators
Group results are subject to movements in foreign currency exchange rates. Refer to Financial Review for exchange rates used to convert the operating platforms’ results to pound sterling.