Mediclinic seeks to achieve long-term value creation through sustainable operating practices and returns-driven capital allocation. This is summarised as follows:
COMMITMENT TO QUALITY CARE
- As a healthcare services provider, the Group is invested in a positive outcome for patients and their families.
- Continuous focus on patient safety and excellence in clinical performance.
- Technological advances, ageing population, consumerism, the burden of disease and public funding limitations drive the growth in private healthcare globally.
STRONG TRACK RECORD
- Led by an experienced Board and management team with an average corporate level tenure of over 20 years.
- Long-term commitment since inception from Remgro, Mediclinic’s founding shareholder.
LEADING INTERNATIONAL PRESENCE
- Diversified portfolio of operating platforms and investments: Southern Africa, Switzerland, the Middle East and the United Kingdom.
- Strong market positions in all regions.
GLOBAL PRIVATE HEALTHCARE GROUP BENEFITS
- Scale of operations leads to efficiencies in procurement, information technology and clinical services.
- Breadth of intellectual property applied across the Group.
- Trusted provider of hospital services in developed and developing markets.
INVESTMENT IN INFRASTRUCTURE
- Extensive property ownership provides valuable operational flexibility and asset underpin to the business.
- Infrastructure is maintained through a process of continuous evaluation and investment.
INVESTMENT IN GROWTH
- Opportunities for further growth exist in all platforms and new territories.
- Capital allocation driven by strategy and evaluated on a risk-adjusted returns basis.
- Maintaining high standards of cost-efficiency and financial discipline.
- Strong cash flow generation.
- Targeted dividend pay-out ratio of 25% to 30% of underlying earnings per share.
- Committed to managing the business in a sustainable way, upholding the highest standards of ethics and corporate governance practices; and value and respect of employees, communities and the environment.
- Focus on integrity to maintain and improve confidence, trust and respect of all stakeholders.